Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Daniel Finkelstein's 50


Not necessarily his age but his fifty reasons to love being Jewish as highlighted in the latest edition of the Jewish Chronicle.

Amongst his 50 are

11. Michael Grade.

45. Brian Epstein.

21. The fact that I can be completely British and yet different at the same time.

The ones I find the most amusing are

2. Being able to understand all the jokes in a Woody Allen film.....

7. Being able to spot other Jewish people and thereby amaze your non-Jewish friends.

48. The fact that the number of cars at a Jewish event is usually greater than the number of people.


I congratulate Daniel Finkelstein on making me chuckle over the "ghost-town" period.

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I like them all but I like no 21 best - maybe a lesson that others could live by?

Jeremy Jacobs said...

Indeed!