Thursday, May 15, 2008

Make 'em laugh

London, UK

Well sometimes you can sometimes you can't. Comedienne, Louise Scodie, said last Sunday on my radio show, that humour is subjective. I agree and rarely tell jokes during a talk, unless they are well rehearsed and appropriate. I could have said something at a meeting on Monday evening, but time was not on my side, so I quickly remembered those immortal words, "Stand Up, Speak Up and Sit Down".

More often than not, as a corporate host or corporate presenter, one shouldn't be too clever with your audience. Remember, you are just the link presenter not the star attraction. Making a cheap jibe or joke can ruin your evening and the opportunity to be asked back! Sometimes though a joke that went down well on one night falls flat on the very next occasion you say it. So what do you do? Eric Feng explains

No comments: