Thursday, August 24, 2006

Customer Service - I don't think so..................

I reckon over the last two years, I have spent over two hours of my time, queuing at a certain well known High Street bank. The bit I can't stand is when the teller then has the gall to ask you "is there anything else I can do for you today". My normal retort is "get some more staff". In a pleasant tone, of course. Then the usual excuses come flooding out - Staff sickness, training days and so on...........the best one I've heard is "well, in a recent survey, most of our customers like the way we do things in our branch". As you will have gathered, I am not most customers.

OK, so nowadays we are all geared up to internet-banking. Or so we are told. Well, call me old-fashioned, but what's so wrong about a bit of personal service (with a smile).

Diversity training ( or common sense ) appears be lacking in this organisation. Of course, in this bank's Annual Report they'll no doubt be pages written on how " in touch" they are with their customers and how bright the future will be for those of us who seem to spend endless hours tutting and cursing under our breath whilst queueing - our national obsession.

No comments: