Monday, September 10, 2007

Dame Anita Roddick & two-faced Broon

Dies of a brain haemorrhage. Story here.

Apparently our Prime Minister said:

Gordon Brown paid tribute to Dame Anita, calling her "one of the country's true pioneers" and an "inspiration" to businesswomen.

He said: "She campaigned for green issues for many years before it became fashionable to do so and inspired millions to the cause by bringing sustainable products to a mass market.

"She will be remembered not only as a great campaigner but also as a great entrepreneur."

As Chancellor and now as PM, he shows nothing but contempt for the pioneering and entrepreneurial spirit of individuals.


Jeremy Jacobs - Corporate Presenter

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I can't comment on Gordie and entrepreneurs as I don't know enough about that but I do think Roddick was an inspiration. I was asking around today and, although there is a Body Shop in Catania, few people here had heard of her. I can remember when there was only one Body Shop, in , I think, the Fulham Road.