Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Jewish New Year - A time for reflection

Rosh Hashanah begins this evening. The Jewish New Year is a time to reflect on one's thoughts and deeds in the past year. An e-mail I received this morning goes further:

* Are we better off now than last year?

* Did we spend our time and energy wisely?

* What difference did we make to people's lives?

* How is this year going to be different from all other years?

Now this would be great for a meme. Consequently, the following few have been asked to respond!

Ellee Seymour

Iain Dale

Raincoaster

Amanda Chapel

James Higham & all at BLOGPOWER

Theo Spark

Dr Simon Moores

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year!

My answers:

No

Probably not

Not much

I get to visit Spain

James Higham said...

Blow the Shofar, Jeremy and Happy New Year to you.

Beaman said...

Shana Tova Umetukah

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Happy New Year, JJ.

Anonymous said...

I normally loathe memes, but this is a good one. I'll get back to you with my thoughts, presuming I have any.

Jeremy Jacobs said...

of course you do.

Jennifer Jones said...

Hey JJ...

Great questions... you are making me think which is always a good thing!

Hope life is good!

JJ

Jeremy Jacobs said...

Thanks Jen

Crushed said...

Happy New Year- 5768, isn't it?

Interesting meme.
I shall think on it.