Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Networking Event

London, UK

The other evening I was MC at a networking event held at Kempton Park Racecourse. The evening was organised by Malcolm Tullett and Warren Cass of Business Scene. Over 100 people turned up from a variety of businesses including Andy Lopata of Word of Mouse

Earlier this week , Andy had a full page article in the Sun newspaper on business networking. Well done Andy. Both he and I would agree that networking is about unconditional giving and not about trying to get business too quickly. Also, I bumped into a brilliant lady, divorce coach Kirsten Gronning

One of the speakers was David Sumner-Smith of The Telegraph Business Club. David gave a really interesting talk about how technology can assist SME's. He focused, in particular, on two growing areas - the internet (as a way of marketing your business) and Web-based television. In-Situ Productions are one such production company offering these services and filming the event were i-catching movies

There were others from the media world, including Chantal Cooke of Passion Radio and Mel Tyler of TigerTwo who are social media consultants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure to meet Jeremy too at the Business Scene networking event and to be on the receiving side of someone who genuinely wants to help others.

Business Scene’s events do seem to attract business people with innovative ideas which they are delighted to share – I came away with a better knowledge of:

• how to seek funding;
• how to take my marketing to the next level;
• how to start that book I’ve been wanting to write for years (I start next week!);
• why my back’s got problems (it’s the chair I sit on);
• who to approach for my own TV channel –this isn’t a dream but could be reality very soon!