Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Patrick McGoohan at 80

London, UK

On BBC Radio 4 this lunchtime, was a programme on the 60's cult tv series "The Prisoner" starring Patrick McGoohan who turned 80 today.



The series was backed by Lew Grade. In all, only 17 episodes were made but they stand the test of time, are like no other and to this day is still a bit of a mystery (a bit like 2001 A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke who has just passed away at 90). McGoohan directed, produced and starred in the series which was shot, mainly at the Welsh seaside village of Port Merrion.

3 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Gosh, I can't imagine him being 80! I never understood what the series was all about.

jams o donnell said...

I must a dmit he had fallen off my radar. I've loved the Prisoner ever since I first saw it when repeated in teh late 70s. It remains infuriating but utterly watchable.

Mericano said...

Interesting blog. Congratulation.