Friday, August 04, 2006

THE BIG KICK-OFF


As another football season approaches, are you looking forward to it? Or is it, as in my case, a slightly cynical, here we go again ( if you excuse the "chant" pun ).

Following my boyhood team in the magnificently named, Ryman Premier League, against such exciting teams as East Thurrock, Borehamwood and the old enemy "Ramsgate" does excite a little. But the anticipation I had just a few years ago, when the likes of Hereford, Yeovil, Boston and Accrington Stanley were the oppo just isn't there. Margate FC, I'm afraid, for a variety of reasons really missed out on the "big-time".

However, one musn't look back - under Robin Trott's guile and hard-nosed management style, I'm certain the "Gate" will be knocking on the door of Conference ( albeit Conference South ) football come April 2007.


Yours very optimistically........................

No comments: