Monday, May 14, 2007

If you live in the West Midlands...........

........then you are more likely to be overweight according to an article in today's Daily Mail. Other "fatty" areas in the UK are Lincolnshire and the area surrounding Blackpool. Of course, us slender things in sophisticated London don't suffer from being overweight. We're far too in to those "superfoods" everyone's going on about.

Is really is a load of old nonsense isn't it. Firstly, BMI is no longer used as a guide to obesity as everybody is different and one's bones and muscle can vary in weight. Secondly, overall health should encompass lifestyles ( personally, I'd rather have a life) and stress levels, the latter, of course, is likely to be far higher within the M25.

15 comments:

sally in norfolk said...

That picture is enough to put anyone off food.......

Jeremy Jacobs said...

and Birmingham

Crushed said...

I'm a brummie.
I weigh eleven stone exactly.
I used to be less.

I can tell you now, there are probably more pretty girls in brum per head of population than in any other city in the UK.
But I suppose that depends on whether, like me, you prefer them dark...

Anonymous said...

and Blackpool

Jeremy Jacobs said...

Ah, a Brum totty expert. Hampstead and the surrounding area in OK but the aggravation that goes with it

Jeremy Jacobs said...

Ah, a Brum totty expert. Hampstead and the surrounding area in OK but the aggravation that goes with it

Anonymous said...

repeating yourself will not do you any favours with the Oy Vay club of Finchley & Golders Green

Anonymous said...

Are you going to be a gentleman and held her Jeremy?

Jeremy Jacobs said...

I take it Ellee,you mean hold. And, probably not.

Colin Campbell said...

Theo has the John Prescott version of this picture. Even more disgusting.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, I'm sure stress is the biggest killer.

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

A fatastic photo.

Thanks.

Julia Buckley said...

Funnily enough, I do notice more fat people now when I visit my home city of Stoke...

Jeremy Jacobs said...

But Stoke ain't in the West Midlands!

Anonymous said...

Poor thing. What if she's incredibly intelligent or a very good singer or a good mom and lover? It's not fair to judge on looks, no matter how chubby soemone is